Sunday, January 2, 2022

Happy New Year

 Hi everyone.  Been a while since I posted, hope you are well.

Thought I`d do a little one of those year end wrap up type posts that are so popular among bloggers at that time when we put new calendars on the wall. 

2021 was a quiet year on the blog - just 25 posts all year, and none since August.  That is way off 2020`s blistering pace of blog output.  Work is mostly to blame, I have been too busy to devote much time to the hobby or blogging about it.  It looks like this will continue until about February, after which I should be able to get back to blogging again. 

Even if it hadn`t been for work, I`m not sure I would have much to post about anyway, at least in terms of picking up neat new things.  The market here has gone crazy and I`m just not able to buy cool old menko and other cards the way I used to, even just 12 months ago.  Prices are through the roof and they`ve gotten to the point where I`ve had to declare "I`m out" on a lot of stuff I used to be able to collect.  

So for 2022 I`m basically keeping my expectations modest.  The menko collection probably isn`t going to get many new additions, but I`ll keep plugging away at my old Calbee sets.  The prices on those have gone up a fair bit too, but not as much as the old menko have so they are still within reach.  And I`ll keep an eye out for whatever else tickles my fancy.

That is about it for now.  I`ll leave you with this random weird thing I found. Someone on Yahoo Auctions has a decent 1962 Topps Stan Musial card for sale here.  I just love the way they spell his name in Japanese.  If you can read that katakana across the top it says "Stan Museum". Probably just a typo, but it has a poetic ring to it.




12 comments:

  1. Glad to see a post from you! I posted just two more times than you did in 2021.

    I love how Stan Museum sounds. Oddly fitting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope we can both post more in 2022!

      Delete
  2. That Stan Museum was quite a player. Nice to see you on the blogs again, for sure. Here's to many good things for you and yours in 2022!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, all the best to you and yours in 2022 too!

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year Sean! Best of luck on those Calbee set builds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! Menko are getting crazy expensive, no doubt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The sumo menkos seem to be going up too, eh?

      Delete
  5. Happy New Year and great to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good to know that you're still alive and well :)

    ReplyDelete