Anyway. I bought four new ones which came in the mail yesterday. These are from three different sets which I have in binders which allowed me to do my favorite hobby related thing: flipping those binders open to the relevant page and filling in an empty pocket. I pity the graded card collectors out there who will never know how satisfying that feeling is!
Let me show off what I got and the pages they joined today.
The first card is the one pictured above, featuring Sadaharu Oh and Isao Harimoto. It is from the1977 Calbee set, part of the famous scenes series at the start of the set (#72). I've actually made pretty good progress on this set (which has 216 cards) and am more than halfway there. The back of the card refers to them as the "OH" pair, which is kind of a play on the ON combination of Oh and Nagashima, and also a play on Oh's own name.
Speaking of the ON combination, my next card is from the ON series in the 1974 Calbee set, honoring the retirement of Nagashima and the end of that combo. I love this series for its awesome photos, like Oh standing in front of the mirror there. The new addition was card 403 which shows Oh awkwardly fielding a ball that might have taken a tricky hop, a contrast to most of his cards which show him swinging.
Next up is card 193 in the 1974 set, featuring Sachio Kinugasa. You can tell from the empty pockets in the photo that I don't have as many cards from this part of the set as I do from the ON series. I'm glad to have at least filled it up a bit, but obviously have some work to do.
Speaking of the ON combination, my next card is from the ON series in the 1974 Calbee set, honoring the retirement of Nagashima and the end of that combo. I love this series for its awesome photos, like Oh standing in front of the mirror there. The new addition was card 403 which shows Oh awkwardly fielding a ball that might have taken a tricky hop, a contrast to most of his cards which show him swinging.
Next up is card 193 in the 1974 set, featuring Sachio Kinugasa. You can tell from the empty pockets in the photo that I don't have as many cards from this part of the set as I do from the ON series. I'm glad to have at least filled it up a bit, but obviously have some work to do.
Last but not least is card 1404 from the monster 1975-76 Calbee set. This is from the final series in the set which is one of the scarcer ones so it is a good addition. I now only have 112 remaining cards to track down to finish this one. That sounds like a lot, but the set has 1472 cards in it so I am well over 90% of the way there!




No comments:
Post a Comment